cath's blog

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

New Year, Better Year?

I thought that last year was the worst year of my life bar none. However, I am fearing that this year may try to break that record. I have had this bug for three weeks now, had two rounds of antibiotics which did nothing for my sinus infection. Plus, I fell on the ice last week and hit my tailbone really hard so that I cannot sit or bend normally. And best of all, besides kids sick and ice and snow storms, my hubby fell on the ice and broke his ankle in three places and will have surgery next Tuesday. My spiritual life is pretty much dead, I can barely make it to Mass anymore, no more daily Mass and Liturgy of the Hours is hit and miss at best. Father's leaving made a huge impact on my life. Even though I miss him, I miss the Holy Hours we had each Sunday. That hour before the Blessed Sacrament was my strength that got me through everything. It was around this time last year that I stopped eating for several months. I ended up losing over 40 pounds and ended up able to wear a size 4. I have gained most of it back, but am really wanting to fall back into the not eating thing. I am physically and emotionally exhausted. I would love to have a few days near a church that had Adoration, and just be able to spend hours there alone and quiet. They say God never gives us more than we can handle, but must He always push the envelope?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home